Greetings!
Wednesday is the last concert for the 39th season of Musicfest. Tonight, before the show, we had a volunteer appreciation thing where we had pizza and each one of us got prizes as a thank you.
It got me thinking though. From the first day to now, the group of volunteers went from a group of people to almost a group of friends. I've worked with one consistently over the summer, and he was cool. Others were easy to talk to. Some I struggle with.. But that's the same in any group, right?
I'm saying all this because the end of something always hits me hard. I mean when it's going on there's a lot of relief when the show's over and I get to come home to decompress, even though I also get hit with the lonely feelings as well, but Wednesday is the last show till next summer.
I don't know why it affects me the way it does. It just does.. I think because I know some of these people I'll never see again. A lot of the volunteers are high school kids getting their volunteer hours to graduate. A few might come back without the weight of getting the hours needed, but you never know..
The end of something is always the beginning of something new, but what it is, I don't know. It could be the return to me sitting in my apartment lonely and missing interaction.. It could end up being I find another volunteer opportunity.. Who knows?
Maybe I'm just sentimental.. Maybe I don't like the ins and outs that come with meeting people just to move on again.. I don't know..
No comments:
Post a Comment