Thursday, October 13, 2022

Path to ODSP 5

 So I was back in the hospital. My body was weakened again to the point where I couldn't stand. I returned to B4 and got into getting myself in a better place. Because the damage this time around wasn't as bad, I was able to work on standing up almost right away. They would use the standing harness on me and I would pull myself up using the rails of the bed. Within a week I was pulling myself up without the help of the harness..

Next was walking. Now.. The first time I was in the hospital I didn't get to the point of trying to walk until I was on B2.This time around, I was able to eventually walk from my room to the nurses station and around it. 

By this point, I had been given two different beds. The first one wasn't that great. It was a bariatric bed, but the air bladder or whatever didn't like staying  inflated, meaning I would sink into the bed and I felt like an action figure in packaging.. The second bed I had was better..

When I went to B2 for the second time, I was in better shape than I was the first time. The counselor for the unit drafted a contract for me this time around. I would be in rehab for four weeks then I would either go back to the place I was living, or agree to look into alternate arrangements, including the possibility of Long Term Care.

Really, there was no way to make the old place I lived work out. They talked about having my bedroom moved to the main floor, taking up the computer area and getting the toilet on the main floor fixed. It still meant I was in no shape to take showers. I still wouldn't be able to enter or exit the tub.. So we agreed that it would be better for alternate arrangements. 


While waiting on these alternate arrangements, it meant I was going to be living in the hospital. Meaning, I would be spending time on a different floor... C3...

We'll get into that next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment