Thursday, April 11, 2024

Some Thoughts

 Greetings


I'm a little upset today. So pardon my rant.. 

Thursdays I get help with housekeeping in my apartment. I'm in an independent living place, but with assistance. I get help with showering three times a week, housekeeping once a week, and other things as needed. For example, I can't put my shoes on by myself, so I need help with them. It's one thing that keeps me from ever really traveling.. Well aside from the complete lack of money. 

Well, today was the first time in two weeks I had housekeeping. They were short staffed last week so it was canceled. I was able to do some things like get a bag of garbage out.. I also was able to somewhat keep up on dishes, but this week I was so on edge I'd stand and within a couple minutes I was shaking. So I had a pile this week. 

When they come do my housekeeping, they normally sweep/mop my floors, gather garbages, and clean my toilet. Today they did that plus my dishes. Wonderful! But at the same time, I had one of the PSWs complaining about how dirty the seat was. Actually having to move his arm and elbow is more than light housekeeping to him, apparently. Complained about empty boxes being on the floor. Again said "Light housekeeping, this is just laziness, man...." 

That set me off... Now.. When I get pissed off, I get really quiet.. I internalize it. My main reason for writing this tonight is to be able to get it out of my head enough to actually be able to sleep tonight. 

This PSW that complained today is the only one that complains. I like the guy otherwise, but I think I might need to ask if I can not have him come up here.. 

As is I've been dealing with loneliness, depression and a general lack of worth. After this interaction, I had a feeling of a noose around my neck for 5 hours. I still feel like I have hands around my neck.. 

I don't know what to do. 

2 comments:

  1. There's nothing that you really can do. People like that don't get fired anymore because their employers are too afraid that they won't be able to replace them. And unfortunately, those kind of people now know this, and are seeking out these jobs because they know that they can pretty much get away with whatever. I believe it's part of that new normal that everyone is always talking about :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also the fact that it's a healthcare related field, there's a massive shortage everywhere in it.. Get rid of someone they're shooting themselves in the foot with an AK-47..
      There are days where I can't lift my left arm to level with my shoulder. I'm told to ask for help more but at the same time, any help I need I almost feel like they think I don't need it.

      Delete