Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Sleepless in Peterborough

Greetings!

As you can probably guess from the title, and the fact that I started this at 4:40am, I'm having a night where sleep is but a dream..

While I do have some opinion posts planned, I need to do a little bit of legwork on them before I write. So today, I want to continue my attempt of not being as negative on here with a post of things I'm grateful for. 


I'm grateful for my innate stubbornness.. It's a blessing and a curse to be honest. While it did get me through the near death illness and the recovery process to the point of getting out of the hospital, it also got me sick enough that hospitalization was needed. 

I know the talk about wanting to die for a while was probably an uncomfortable topic, but it was a stuggle I needed help with. Yes, I was and still am seeing mental health professionals, but sometimes you need friends too.. Someone who isn't paid to say things like "People would miss you" 

That talk was a way of asking for assistance through the trying times. 

There's also this poster that I have saved on my phone.. 

So really, those posts are me asking for a stick.. Dear readers, the messages of concern you've sent are those sticks. 

So all that sappy stuff tangent said... 
I'm grateful for you.. Yes, you.. Points to you directly You and points elsewhere you and everyone else. 

I'm grateful to be in a housing situation where I can get the help I need.

I'm grateful for my sense of humour. I repeatedly said while recovering in the hospital that if I lost my sense of humour, that was the time to truly worry.. That would be the point where I gave up.. 

I'm grateful for those who have helped with needs while I'm struggling in poverty. 

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head. 
Wherever you are, whatever may be going on, remember...
You matter
If I may be so crass.... You're the reason someone masturbates today...
And if you need a stick.... Just ask..


 

No comments:

Post a Comment