Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Remember when...

... it used to take talent to be famous?

I don't know why, but the whole idea of people becoming famous for being famous bothers me.

It used to be that, in order to become famous, you had to have talent. You had to have some skill that made you rise above the rest. Be it dance moves, a good singing voice, the ability to hit a small sphere a long way, or to throw said sphere past the person trying to hit it a long way, etc. Something.. People would pay to see you and you got famous as word got out. I don't mind that.. Fame is earned. Just don't let it inflate the ego, Skippy. LIke all famous people, you CAN be forgotten. Just ask ol' what's-his-name... Or That Guy... With the Thing.. You know who..

I do have a problem with people who are famous for having rich parents or semi-famous parents, or just famous for being famous. (FfBF)

Really, how does one become famous for being famous? And, more to the point, .why do they need to be obnoxious about it? Really, most of the FfBF crowd are on minute 14 second 59 of their fame.. Tick Tock, people..

I admit, I get bored at work some nights. When I'm done my work and I don't have a book to read, I'll look through the magazines. Eventually I'm left with the celebrity magazines once the other worthwhile ones are done. The annoying thing about these magazines is reading about the Kardashians, Paris Hilton, et al.Of course, to me the worst ones are the ones who are famous for massive amounts of surgery.. Especially when they end up looking like a younger version of someone else who`s famous.

Possibly the only thing worse in the FfBF universe are the women or families whose claim to fame is being a baby factory. Really.. My life would be a lot better without knowing about the family who`s popped out 19 kids, or the Octopus ... I mean Octomom.. Even the Gosselins. Of course, through the chaos, none of these people hear the ticking of their fleeting fame.. Tick Tock, ladies and gents, Tick Tock..

It would be nice to see fame going to real talented people instead of the Stupid Human Tricks famewhores we get now. Or, maybe it`s time I took the advice of Weird Al Yankovic when he parodied `Can`t Touch This` Because `It`s crummy, it`s stupid, it`s awful, it`s putrid, Gonna Throw My Set Away`

No comments:

Post a Comment