Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Some Normal Stuff..

Well, something a little different today. I've found I'm cynical. That may get in the way of actually expressing my gratitude for my friends and family. It also makes me very critical of people. So I just want to get something out there..

In general, I think people are good. They have good in them. The good may be incredibly small, but it's still there.. Years of working in retail has clouded that truth. Through my time working in retail I've come across so many people that you wonder how they made it out the door in the morning. Along the way I've let that experience rule my thought on people. I really have two options: Keep that mindset, or find out why I think that way and work on changing it. The best thing for me to do would be work on it.

Now, the other thing starts as bit of a rant, but there's a point to it.. I'm frustrated by the standard of beauty forced on the population by the media. If you're not a twig you're not pretty or handsome. I don't believe that for a second. Ray Stevens was able to put it best with the song "Everything is Beautiful." Basically, everyone is beautiful in their own way. Yes, there are people who are outwardly beautiful. There are many who are inwardly beautiful. There are even some who are both. Of course, the thing is a lot of people take the outside at face value, forgetting that the person inside could be stunning.

I'm not completely immune to judging the outward appearance. I try not to. It does happen. However, I firmly believe that everyone is beautiful in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment